Protests to hold those responsible for assassinations accountable, renewed demands
for appointments and others condemn electricity supply
Iraq is facing its worst financial crisis in decades due to economic repercussions and the outbreak
of the Corona pandemic, which has negatively reflected the current reality of Iraqi society.
Meanwhile, the demonstrators appear determined to continue their movement and pressing their
demands of creating jobs, recruiting graduates and improving services. This group of society
confirms how many have waived their demands, even though many activists have been killed or prosecuted. They renewed their demands for reforms and hold those involved accountable for suppressing demonstrations. Protests have increased because of the build-up and life-threatening assassinations of protesters, through which hundreds of Iraqi protesters have demanded jobs, services and the departure of the ruling elite, which they described as corrupt.
Gathering of dozens of alumni who are not lecturers
The causes of the demonstrations / the demands of the demonstrators
• Cancellation of election results.
• Appeal the results of the investigative committees concerning the killing of protester Abdul Latif
al-Khoeldi on October 5, 2021 and the burning of the protesters' tents.
• Demonstrations of a number of lecturers demanding that they be transferred on contracts over
315, similar to the rest of the contracts of government ministries.
• Their demands for the second time to amend paragraph (5) of the 2021 130 decision of the
Council of Ministers, which provides for the suspension of appointments as contracts in the
Ministry of Education.
• Baghdad protests poor services and electricity grid in their areas
• Demonstrations of a number of lecturers demanding that they be included in decision "315" for
the year "2019" like the rest of the ministries.
• Dozens of non-lecturers gathered in Dhi Qar in front of the Gate of the Directorate of Education,
demanding that they be appointed on contracts like their fellow lecturers.
Include them in employment contracts in schools like their fellow lecturers.
• Launch deletion and development functions to be appointed as teachers and teachers.
• Doctors protest demanding that their financial allocations related to the danger be disbursed to
them in all other Iraqi provinces.
• Demonstrators called on the Iraqi judiciary to punish the perpetrators of the assassinations.
• The families of the martyrs of the White Army demanded the allocation of housing for the
families of the martyrs of the White Army. (Members of the health personnel who are in the future
during the Corna pandemic.)
• Include them in the job grades of first-class martyrs.
• Demanding the activation of resolution (12) for 2021 of the Council of Ministers, which
guarantees their financial and administrative rights and counting their children as martyrs of duty.
Security agencies deal with gatherings
• Through in-kind observations, no incidents of harassment were observed for the organizers of
the demonstration or the confiscation of telephones depicting the demonstration or internet
disconnection, where a number of demonstrators were seen documenting the demonstration by
filming it with his mobile phone, and the gathering was transmitted through satellite channels.
• No violence against peaceful demonstrators has been documented or witnessed and security
forces close to the gathering only monitored the event and protected the peaceful assembly until
its end / No force or repression was used for the demonstrators.
There have been no arrests, detentions or sanctions against organizers and participants in
demonstrations by the authorities.
• Most of the gatherings and demonstrations were peaceful in most provinces of central and
• However, in Qadisiyah province, during the work of the monitoring team at the beginning of the
demonstration, the security forces committed to protecting the protesters and facilitating the itch
of protest, but the entry of a force of more than 20 people from the riot police overtook the
protesters and pursued a member of the demonstration called (Abbas Hamid Al-Musawi) where
(Al-Musawi) fled towards the River Al-Fart and disembarked for fear of security forces, resulting
in the death of the demonstrator and investigations are still under way to resolve the circumstances
of the event.