Demonstrations by protesters rejecting the election results
Despite the change achieved by the anti-government protests that shook the country in 2019 at the level of the faces and parties of the political class that has ruled Iraq since the US invasion of Iraq in 2003. However, the Iraqi street reflects several demands of large crowds of demonstrators, some of whom challenge the election results and others condemn the bad conditions economic and infrastructure. While others from university, graduates and those who demand their appointment are protesting for their appointment. Where the protests revealed the extent of the deep frustration, particularly the displeased youth who resent the ruling political elite in the country and their strong desire for change. The protesters have the right to take to the streets to pressure the government for better living conditions. Unemployment rates are constantly rising in light of the increase in temporary employment opportunities or the private sector and other forms of precarious work.
Dohuk - December
As a result of cutting the share of liquid gas from the owners of bread bakeries stores since 2017, the increase in the price of liquid gas in the market and the increase in the price of flour, the owners of bread bakeries were forced to gather in front of the mayor of the Dohuk district on 12/19/2021 to demand the government to provide them with liquid gas at a price (300) dinars per liter, because they are now getting it at a high price, and they demanded the government to fulfill its promises to supply them with liquid gas at a price of (300) per liter. , a representative of the crowd met with the mayor of the center district inside the building of the district district, and their demands were discussed.
A picture of a group of bakery owners in front of the mayor of the internal judiciary of Dohuk
The reasons for the demonstrations / the demands of the demonstrators
• Annulment of election results.
• Appealing the results of the investigative committees regarding the killing of protester Abdul
Latif Al-Khuwaildi on the fifth of October 2021 and the burning of the protester's tents.
• Demonstrations by a number of lecturers demanding their transfer on 315 contracts, similar to
the rest of the contracts of government ministries.
• Their demands for the second time) to amend paragraph (5) of Resolution (130) for the year 2021
of the Council of Ministers, which stipulates stopping appointments as contracts in the Ministry of
• Baghdad is protesting against the poor services and the deterioration of the electricity network in
• Demonstrations by a number of lecturers calling for their inclusion in Resolution "315" for the
year "2019", similar to the rest of the ministries.
• Dozens of graduates who are not lecturers gathered in Dhi Qar in front of the gate of the
Directorate of Education, demanding that they be appointed on contracts similar to their fellow
• Inclusion in work contracts in schools, similar to their fellow lecturers.
• Launching the functions of deletion and creation to be appointed as teachers and teachers.
• Physicians protested, demanding the payment of their financial allocations related to the danger
to them, which were equal to all other Iraqi provinces.
• Demonstrators demanded the Iraqi judiciary to punish the perpetrators of the assassination
• The families of the martyrs of the White Army demanded that housing units be allocated to the
families of the martyrs of the White Army. (Affiliates of health staff who met their term during
the Corona pandemic).
• Inclusion in the job grades of first-degree martyrs.
• Demanding to activate Resolution (12) for the year 2021 of the Council of Ministers, which
guarantees their financial and administrative rights and counts their children as martyrs of duty.
• Protest of the demonstrators against the recent instructions of the Kurdistan Regional
Government regarding financial aid to students with limited income for a period of one year. The
boycotting students demanded the government to allocate grants and fixed monthly financial
allocations to all students and reject the government's recent instructions
• Demonstrators in the Kurdistan Region demand permanent government appointment to
The demonstrators demanded the regional government to provide them with liquid gas at a price
of (300) dinars per liter, and demand that the government fulfill its promises to supply them with
liquid gas at a price of (300) per liter.
• The demonstrators (dozens of Syrian refugees) demanded from the regional government and the
Iraqi government to deal with them in accordance with international treaties and agreements
regarding refugees. They also demanded the United Nations representation in Erbil to pressure the
Iraqi government to include them in the Iraqi naturalization law.
The reasons for the demonstrations / the demands of the demonstrators
• Appealing the results of the investigative committees and demonstrators calling for the annulment
of the election results.
• Thousands of supporters of blocs, rejecting the results of the parliamentary elections,
• Demonstrators gathered in the Al-Firdaws Square area in Baghdad after attempts to raise a large
mural that had been erected for Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis on the second anniversary of his
• A number of teachers and lecturers of education in Babylon, organized and coordinated by the
public of teachers, called for the cancellation of the minister's decision, which stipulates the
termination of the assignment of the assistant director general for technical affairs, Hussein Sahib
• A number of lecturers demonstrating in Babylon, demanding the transfer of their salaries on the
scale of contracts. 315
• Hundreds of Basra Health Department employees demonstrated in front of the department's
building in the center of Basra to demand the payment of their late financial dues for several
• Dozens of graduates of engineering colleges from the residents of the districts and districts of
northern Basra stage a protest in front of the West Qurna oil field gate, demanding their
appointment in the field.
• An event for students of the second stage of the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Maysan.
After the start of the academic year for stages (2,3,4,5), due to the lack of teaching supplies and
• Dozens of demonstrators gathered in front of the Wasit Governorate Office building (90
demonstrators) in a peaceful pause that was mobilized in advance through social networking sites.
Its most prominent demands were the accountability of the killers of the demonstrators from Wasit
Governorate and the dismissal of Wasit Governor Muhammad Jamil Al-Mayahi
• Al-Mazak people demonstrated their share of the social benefits approved by the Ministry of Oil
regarding the areas adjacent to the oil fields, which may be exposed to toxic gases and multiple
The security authorities deal with gatherings
• Most of the governorates the assembly was completely peaceful and took place in a public area
and did not cause any impediment to the traffic movement or the movement of citizens, and no
acts of violence or danger or encroachment on public and private properties were seen. The event
was transmitted in the media through Al-Iraqiya, Al-Ahed, Wasit Al-Hadath Agency and Zakros
Activists shared it on social media.
• No acts of violence against peaceful demonstrators were documented or witnessed, and the
security forces that were close to the assembly were satisfied with monitoring the event and
protecting the peaceful assembly until its end / no force or repression was used against the
• No arrests, detentions, penalties, or penalties were imposed on any of the peaceful vigils.
• In Dhi Qar, during the demonstration, some demonstrators threw stones at a group of Iraqi army
personnel, which led to a clash between the two parties. The soldiers close to them dispersed the
demonstration with a live bullet, which resulted in the injury of three demonstrators, one of whom
is in critical condition, and all of them were hospitalized at the same time. Other demonstrators
were wounded. Because of their pursuit between the alleys and streets in the city